Marineholmen anno 1950

History

30 years of research

 

1985

The High Technology Centre in Bergen (HiB) is founded

 

1988

Construction starts

 

1989

The Data block is opened by Crown Prince Harald and Crown Princess Sonja.

 

1990
-The Bio block is completed
-First stage of the commercialisation of knowledge. HiB takes over Norbio AS, now known as Intervet Norbio AS.

 

1999
The University of Bergen and HiB establish the commercialisation company Forrinvest AS, currently owned by Sarsia Innovation AS

 

2001

GC Rieber Eiendom becomes co-owner and takes over the business operation of Marineholmen research park

 

2002
HiB AS changes name to Høyteknologisenteret AS

 

2003-2004

-Purchase of buildings and properties from what was formerly the Mjellem and Karlsen shipyards

-The VilVite knowledge centre is completed

 

2007

Marineholmen becomes the brand name for the entire area

 

2008

Magasinet is completed

 

2009

Biologen and Merkantilen are completed

 

2011

-Høyteknologisenteret AS changes name to Marineholmen Forskningspark AS.

-The BI Norwegian Business School building and Slippen (Thor Møhlens gate 37-39) are completed.

-Indre Puddefjorden Energisentral completed. The power plant supplies Marineholmen and Solheimsviken with cooling using sea water harvested at a depth of 100 metres.

-The Bergen's Technology Transfer Office (BTO) moves into VilVite

-Construction starts on Basen

 

2016

-Prime Minister Erna Solberg opens the Sea Laboratory.

-Basen is completed and DNV-GL moves in.

-The world’s second largest producer of Atlantic salmon, Lerøy Seafood Group, signs a lease agreement for Lanternen.

-Architect competition for the further development of Marineholmen.

-The world’s biggest feed producer, Cargill Aqua Nutrition, signs a lease agreement for Lanternen.

-Construction starts on Lanternen.